Monday, November 1, 2010

Time for this Outlaw to ride off into the sunset

Like most people, I am a huge fan of podcasts. Most of what I have on my portable player is all podcasts. In total I subscribe to about 20 podcasts ranging from Science, Religion and Technology. One of the podcasts that I am subscribed to, Linux Outlaws, has been removed from my podcatcher for good.

I debated this for a while and kept it in the catcher until I totally decided it was time to go ahead and remove it for good. On the last show that I listened to, I just could take it any more. I stopped listening about 15 minutes into the show. The constant screaming from one of the host of the show was getting to be too much. The constant rant of "You're stupid for thinking this way!" was all I could handle. Couple that with his constant interruptions of his co-host, it was time to part ways.

The reason I listen to a podcast is to get a good un-biased opinion on a certain subject. Be it science, religion or technology. I do not listen to a show to hear a man with a German accent scream at me about how Novell and Windows and everyone that disagrees with him is stupid and inferior.

I will continue to listen to show such as The Command Line and Tux Radar to get my technology fix. I can't say that I won't go back to listen to Fab and Dan at a later date but for right now, this Outlaw is riding into the sunset with one less podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment