Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Camaraderie of it all

Anyone that has spent five minutes talking to me knows that I love to mountain bike. I love being outdoors breathing in the fresh air. I love the exercise that it brings. Getting your heart pumping and your lungs working. Feeling the burn in your legs as you pull up a hill just to look back and laugh at it. Pedaling down a hill to feel your bike under your feet as you hit berms and jumps. It's an amazing feeling to be able to do something that just a few months prior you couldn't do at all. But there is another side to it all. The camaraderie. Doing all of this with people that are like minded.

For a while now I have been biking with a group of people every Sunday. We pick a different trail each week and encourage those that are new to mountain biking to join us. No better way to learn something than to have 10 or more people willing to help you at anytime. Recently I joined another group that rides on Saturday mornings happily experiencing the same situation. The first ride for me was today and I met 11 of some of the nicest people.

If it isn't the thrill of something that brings you back to it, then hopefully it is the good friends you meet along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment